Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Logical Progression

Well I made a start on the things to do today but I am nowhere near there yet strangely enough. The plan to do the speaker cable runs hit a major flaw by not having enough speaker cable and we are not talking about any minor shortage here - I am somewhere in the region of fifty metres short!! I knew when I started that I was going to require a few more metres of cable but had guesstimated that I had enough to do the runs for the rear speakers. As it was I managed to run in two of the rear speakers and there is another four to do in the rear alone.

Other than that the roof lining is out, the bass\amp position has been marked and some insulation has gone in but things will have to be worked around again as it is now a matter of waiting for the extra speaker cable to turn up so that I can complete the speaker runs before I can finish off the insulation.

There is a reason to be (hopefully) cheerful today though as I think I have located the source of intermittent rattle that has plagued me for ages from the region of the drivers B pillar. As with the best of rattles it only starts at about 70mph and it has been driving me completely mad for ages so while I had the housing off the B pillar I had a root about and discovered this.

Hopefully there will be no more rattle now but if the rattle remains then a lot more than just the housing will end up getting removed to discover the source...

No comments: