Friday, November 6, 2009

General Rambling

The weekend was lost in a drunken blast with the family in Nottingham on the Friday night and then Sheffield on the Saturday night - much beer and wine was drunk and much curry was eaten. In short chaos abounded as it always should in these situations!

This week. Been working nights again which is always grinds you down but at least it allows you a few free hours in the afternoon so I have been making progress on the other storage unit which is almost there now. Just got to cut out the top and then plan where the two ring burner is going, figure out how to box it in and a few other odds and sods and that should be completed.

The next stage of the grand plan once the storage units were completed was to make a start on the electrics but after having a rethink the next thing on the to-do list now is to get the ribs carpeted and maybe get the insulation cut out, carpet the panels and fit those too.

There are a couple of reasons for this change of plan - the first being cost. Having to get the steering rack sorted out ate a large chuck out of my already well chewed budget and though the cost was not as bad as I had actually expected it to be, it didn't help and of the things left to do getting the carpeting sorted is the cheapest. The second is that I feel the need to do something tangible so that I can look at it and think that I have taken a step forward. While it is all well and good making storage units and the like, until they get fitted (which is looking like being a while away as yet) it feels like I haven't got anything to show for the hours I have spent working away in the lock up. Getting the carpeting sorted also allows me to finalise where the storage units and the sub woofer\amp housing will be located which in turn allows me to take up the floor and trim that as necessary, fit the T-Nuts for the storage to bolt to and run in the cables for the invertor and then carpet the floor as well. All in all doing it this way ultimately reduces the number of jobs that are relying on other things to be done so it is a win-win situation as far as I can see.

No comments: