Sunday, November 29, 2009

Logical Progression

I surprised myself yesterday by being alive enough to do a bit of work on pROJECT mAYHEM. Usually nights out with Mr D turn into a drunken mess followed by a day of feeling far nearer to death than is good for any sane (or insane) human being. As it was a damn good night was had which culminated in getting home armed with a kebab that, for reasons I am unable to comprehend, had the salad replaced with chips and watching the legendary Johnny Cash on TV.

Anyway when I crawled from my pit (feeling positively chipper when compared to how I had expected to feel) I decided that I was going to finish off carpeting the supports for the bass bin and complete a couple of other jobs that needed doing. Overall it went well with a fair degree of making it up on the fly as usual when some great plan turned out to be a rubbish one instead but that is the story of pROJECT mAYHEM in a nutshell.

Today I am having a day off and tomorrow the fun begins again with figuring out where to fix the bass bin before stripping out the floor, panels and the roof lining, getting the insulation cut out and fixed into place followed by running in the speaker cables for the six speakers in the rear. That should be more than enough fun for the day and in theory the day after will be taken up with getting the ribs carpeted out and maybe start on the panel work. I must admit that I am slightly dubious about the panel work bit at the minute but it will probably turn out to be a lot less hassle than I am imagining it will be.

No comments: