Thursday, November 12, 2009

More general ramblings...

Got the storage finished for pROJECT mAYHEM the other day - all the tops have been cut to shape and the backs have been pretty much sorted as well so all I have to do now is figure out the housing for the gas rings but for now it is job done. To celebrate I am now teasing myself by looking at dials - I need a voltmeter for the leisure battery and have found one that matches the "indigo" dials used by VW. The problem is that they also do lots of other dials as well for monitoring the turbo boost, oil temperature and the like and while I have no need for extra dials they are very sexy and shiny and just plain tempting. Therefore I have to try and resist the urge to buy four dials instead of one when I get round to it - something that I am not sure is is going to be hugely successful to be honest - I can only assume that this is a similar thing to what women go through when they look at shoes or chocolate.

While I was doing the pROJECT mAYHEM stuff I had the Albanian Rat Hound keeping me company. He didn't contribute much to be honest other than generally looking depressed about stuff and it finally reached the stage where he couldn't be bothered to run away every time the router or circular saw got fired up and instead just sat there instead getting showered with sawdust. It has to be said that the Albanian Rat Hound is getting a lot of opportunity to be generally depressed at the minute - I am looking after him for a week (or at least till the weekend when he gets shipped off to Batty's house for a couple of days) which has coincided with me having to work days. This is rather unfortunate as it means that I have to get up just after 6AM to walk him round the park and then leave just before 7AM to go to work for 12 hours before returning again - a far from ideal situation it has to be said from both our perspectives. As if that was not enough I remembered to shut my bedroom door today so there will be no chance for him to sleep on my bed - something he got a chance to do yesterday and thought he had got away with only to be betrayed by the still warm dog sized crater on the duvet! One suspects that there is no analogy sufficient for the levels of depression and long faced gloom I am going to have to endure when I get home tonight - you just have to love dogs really...

1 comment:

Fiend said...

Photo of Dog Of Doom please!