Sunday, November 22, 2009

pROJECT mAYHEM Update XVI

Just over four hours left at work now and then the fun begins - well it will begin tomorrow really when I start the first of my 12 days off and go and buy the carpet, glue and other random stuff that is required to get pROJECT mAYHEM to the next stage. I have already spent what seems like a small fortune on nuts, bolts, screw rivets and other assorted stuff off eBay but I am rather syked for this stage as I will be able see what I have done for a change. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to post up some pics of a fully carpeted out van with panels in place and all the rest and the start of the kicking sound system in place as well. Getting the sound system in is probably going to prove fun as I am not only replacing but also rewiring all of the speakers and on top of that there are the three RCA cables will have got to be ran to the two amps. All in all it is likely to be an interesting few days given the route of choice for the cables is likely to be over the drivers door (and maybe the passengers door for the other side) to the dash and doors. Still the prospect of no more distortion when the bass gets phat is something that has to be considered a good thing!

No comments: