Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We haz carpet!!

On the second day of the twelve days of pROJECT mAYHEM my true love gave to me lots of lovely carpet to bedeck the beast with!

This could have potentially happened yesterday but I was following up a post from the VWT4 forum about templates for the side panels posted by a company in Sheffield (I refuse to mention their name as they are simply useless tossers). Searched out the company and drove over there in the pouring bloody rain only to find out that their definition of what a template is radically differs to what the rest of the world defines as a template. In a nutshell their version of a template is for me to buy some of their pre-made panels, an "idea" which simply got the big old fuck off and the end of any chance they had of seeing any money out of me. Don't get me wrong - the T4\T5 scene is competitive and there are a lot of people out there doing their own thing and making a living off it but I really dislike getting dragged across Sheffield on a wild goose chase. If you have templates then say you have templates but don't get me to lose a precious day fucking about please. All you have earned is a firm recommendation that you are a bunch of useless fools.

Today was the exact opposite - drove up to Leeds to see Mega Van Mats and you could not wish for better service - just a guy and his other half(?) operating out of Pudsey at the back of an industrial estate but the service was, beyond all doubt, exceptional. Talked through what I wanted to do and gave me a load of tips on how to do it and was just a pleasure to deal with. The only complaint (not that it warrants such a word) was that he didn't have the colour of mat that I wanted but he told me this over the phone prior to me setting off so it was no big shock - I just ended up with a slightly lighter blue than originally intended - big deal!! In summary A**** - fantastic guy - highly recommended - would deal with again!

Anyway now I have the task of starting the carpeting and things start to ramp up in intensity - no more creating stuff in the shed in preparation any more. Tomorrow the bass bin\amp enclosure gets clad and once I have figured out how to do that the serious work of all the steel work that will remain on show gets under way followed by final fitting of the panels prior to getting those in.

Eek and double eek!!

No comments: