Friday, April 9, 2010

Fat Knacker

Quick round up of the last few days.

Climbingworks on Wednesday and a new circuit - managed 36 out of the 40 problems but I was climbing like a fat knacker to say the least. Vertical problems and slabs were OK most of the time - I managed to flash most of those but when the steepness kicked in I was a dead man walking. Flipper on the other hand flashed 38 of them and the other two he was done for by reach related issues as usual. Still it's a very good circuit all in all - technical and featuring nice movement and as an added bonus the Fiendometer quotient (flange to climber ratio) was in the high 8's - it was like your very own DFBWGC wall.

Spent yesterday blowing fuses at a rapid rate of knots trying to wire up the interior lights in pROJECT mAYHEM. Hopefully this is now going to be an issue of the past after a brainwave this morning caused me to wonder why I was so stupid in the first place to think that the way I was doing it would ever work. The new theory also makes sense in my head whereas the old one didn't - a classic scenario of being too close to something to see the obvious errors in the plan really. The best I can liken it to is someone pointing out the obvious beta to a problem that you have been sieging for ages. In retrospect it all seems so obvious but at the time you just get obsessed with a duff sequence that you think must work and it is your own failings that mean it isn't happening. All I need now is to rewire the switch and get some more fuses to test the revised plan.

Following on from that I went to see Kick Ass - a fucking excellent movie that will become a cult classic. Snappy dialogue, a great script and some really funny moments - go and see it.

No comments: