Monday, January 11, 2010

Sledging fun

A lot of people get wound up by the snow but with the exception of one heart stopping moment when I though that pROJECT mAYHEM was going to become a very expensive lump of broken metal I have really been enjoying it.

Spent yesterday throwing myself down the hill on a piece of plywood and some plastic sheet at Meersbrook Park with a few friends and most enjoyable it was too. Afterwards while relaxing with a leisurely pint in the Sheaf I decided to make a sledge today reasoning that I have plenty of off cuts of wood, I can't work on the van, I have the time and above all I am bored. There is also the challenge involved in making something that will achieve reasonable speed down a hill. The only downside would seem to be the weather which has turned to sleet rather than the snow which is not what is required but I have decided that I am going to make the sledge regardless.

No comments: