Friday, January 22, 2010

No snow...

No snow has meant that the sledge remains untested but at least I have been able to get back on with pROJECT mAYHEM stuff for the first time since Christmas. What I have been trying to do is build the housing for the rear speakers which has been quite simply mind-bending at times due to the proliferation of angles that exist in the back of the van. In short nothing is straight and after spending just over a day creating the first version only to realise that it was not going to work regardless of how much I tried at least I am now making some sort of progress. I have got the back made up out of ply thin enough to bend to the contours of the van and the centre section is pretty much done but that was the easy bit as you are only dealing with an angle in one direction - the fun starts with the rest where I will be dealing with angles in two directions at the same time. It is actually quite enjoyable work but progress is very slow to say the least - still another day or two should see it done hopefully and then it is on to the next stage.

No comments: