Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Operation Butters Homemade Chilli Powder

I decided last night that I would spend a couple of hours round the lock up today even though I wasn't feeling exceptionally motivated for it. Part of this lack of motivation is down to it being bloody cold at the minute, part down to flogging myself for a dead horse prior to Christmas but I felt that I really should do something so the plan was to make a start on the rear speaker housings. Looking out of the window this morning to be greeted with the 2-3 inches of snow that had fallen overnight solved that problem though, any semblance of motivation was simply gone. There was no way that I was going to try and get pROJECT mAYHEM down the hill let alone start making speaker housings for it in a freezing cold shed today.

So, with the original plan for the day gone to the wall I decided that I would put Operation Butters Homemade Chilli Powder into action instead. This is an idea that I have been toying with for a while now and suitably armed with two different recipes as a starting point (here and here) I ordered the following:
  • Chile Ancho
  • Chile New Mexico Red
  • Chile Chipotle
  • Chile De Arbol
  • Mexican Oregano
  • Hot Smoked Paprika
The plan is to use the first of the two recipes as the base but I will definitely be adding Chipotle as suggested because it adds such an awesome flavour to a Chile - real big depth as well as heat. I will also add a little Hot Smoked Paprika and maybe some Cinnamon or Allspice (Pimento) to the mix and see where we go from there.

Sure as hell beats freezing I reckon.

No comments: