Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good day\Bad day or some random combination thereof

To be honest the last couple of days have been pretty bloody good actually after returning from the home county of Suffolk which always tends to weird me out for some reason or another. Yesterday was spent getting back on with pROJECT mAYHEM stuff and today was spent trying to slay a couple of nemeses at Curbar with Sloper. Do I need to say that the two nemeses I am referring to are Strawberries and The Ultimate Gritstone Experience? Probably not...

Strawberries didn't go particularly well - felt all out of sorts on it and the best I did was to get half way through the rock over move at which point I started to believe that it was possible, scraped my right hand up the face and lost it. Spent a while after trying but it turned into too much of a process of breaking it down into individual moves and trying to link them. The end result was that nothing was flowing so I sacked it off - even so I feel I have broken some sort of barrier with it though quite what it is I am not 100% sure at the minute.

Anyway after feeling a bit out of sorts on Strawberries it was a bit of a trudge off up the hill to TUGE (standing start). After a couple of finger scraping attempts with a duff sequence Sloper pointed me in the right direction and the bottom section just clicked. Reached my previous highpoint in way more control than I had before and after that it was (almost) smooth as silk to there every time. I got to that point at least four\five times and at one stage I had my left mitt over the top of the overhang on a really good hold but a combination of sheer excitement\anxiety, a foot blowing and not having a clue what to do robbed me of a possible send. Regardless of that I made tangible progress today and I have a couple of good ideas on how to proceed past my new highpoint so it's looking really good.

So to sum things up: gritstone season is not quite here yet but one big YYFY moment is in the pipeline fo' sho!!

No comments: