Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A triumph of over engineering II

Bit of an update on the last post to show progress on the sub and amp enclosure for pROJECT mAYHEM. Now the main box is built it is time to get a bit more cosmetic on things like some rather shiny fan guards...

As hinted at in the last post I have also been enclosing all of the wiring in an effort to keep interference to a minimum - it also looks nicer and gives me an excuse to exercise my perfectionist tendencies!

I appreciate that fans with lights in are probably extremely unnecessary and will quite probably be abused greatly but the effect is rather good in my opinion.

Pic to give a general idea of what it is supposed to look like now I have managed to get the fans sorted and the hole for the sub woofer cut out.

Same shot just taken from the other end.

Now we are starting to cook on gas - BOOM!!

Finally a few shots of the wiring which turned up at last today - both amps have all the necessary power etc. but I have only wired in the one for the sub woofer so far as that was the easier one of the two to deal with - just one set of speaker cables to deal with. The other amp will prove to be a bit more challenging but the vast majority of the wiring will be out of the box as someone forgot to allow for space to install the four crossovers. This provides its own challenge though as I can't wire in the crossovers until the box has been carpeted - it is the carpeting (or rather not being able to afford to buy the carpet yet) which is going to delay the finish of this part of the project. I have probably got another half day of things left to do but after that it will be the insulation and the panelling to take care of which will no doubt prove to be equally fun.



No comments: