Friday, September 18, 2009

Wales pics

Oooo matron! Yours truly getting stuck into Brown's Crack with a slight degree of trepidation it would seem.


Fiend looking hard for some sort of footholds on The Seam - truth be told he spent an awfully long time looking for footholds on this slab. I pointed out the sequence that I had worked out but this was rejected in the vain hope of finding something that was actually visible from more than a couple of inches.


After aeons of contemplation some sort of sequence was arrived at for the flash attempt but once that had proved to be futile it was over to a slight variation on my method. I didn't get further than this - damn that mono for the right hand was painful but probably nowhere near as hideous as the two finger sidepull that Matt came up - a Fiend in more ways than one for squashing his sausage fingers into that hold and sticking it!

1 comment:

Fiend said...

I like squashing my sausage in tight holes :D.

Time taken inspecting footholds: 15 mins.

Time taken to fail on the flash: 2 seconds.

Time taken to work problem: 10 mins.

Time taken to climb in with your method: 45 seconds.

Hmph.