Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rubicon 1, Butters 0

Back to Rubicon today with the intention of having another go at the start of A Miller's Tale - met Ru and Sarah on the walk in and had a quick chat with them and then onwards to a deserted crag. Most surprising - just the crag and me which retrospectively was probably just as well.

Tried the warm up traverse and it is starting to feel a bit more like the Font 5 that it is given in that I am getting that bit further into the meat of the problem consistently but still haven't done it yet which is a bit frustrating. I really should be able to do a Font5 in less time than this even if it is a big pumpy traverse on polished footholds.

That's not the point though - the point was that I climbed like I was made of lead - mega flash pump straight from the off and after ridding my arms of the worst of that I tried again with similar results. After the second attempt I decided that getting on A Miller's Tale was not going to happen and so settled in for a stamina (hah!) session for an hour or so with long rests in between each attempt.

No comments: