Thursday, July 8, 2010

Countdown

Two days and counting till my brothers wedding - just got to get the rest of the seemingly millions of things I have got to do sorted and that will be that.

The speech is sort of written - I decided in my infinite wisdom that I would combine things that I really don't like doing (writing a speech) with things I do like doing (having a pint in the Sheaf). A great plan in theory and it all started so well till about the third pint at which point my already limited resources of inspiration dried up. Ended up getting rather drunk and something that was passable at best so I got on the phone to the Dear Boy Philip and with the promise of beer as a reward asked him to edit it out for me. This has been done but as yet no speech has been mailed back to me - when I spoke to him last night he had done the editing but his laptop was running out of battery and he was about to board a ferry to France. Therefore he was going to try and charge the battery on the ferry and then send the revised speech back to me using WiFi from a Maccy D's or somewhere similar when in France. Mmmm.

Plan for the rest of today is to get all the odd jobs out of the way and then spend an hour or so at Pleasley doing a few problems - hopefully it will be in nick as we had a fair bit of rain yesterday but since it has been so dry I can't imagine that there will be much run off or seepage. From there it is back south to the sounds of Adam Beyer, Laurent Garnier and a few other choice DJ sets to keep me sane.

Wish me luck - I have the feeling that I am going to need it...

No comments: