Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back on the trad gang?

Fiend is in the area and is keen to be doing some trad bollox today. I volunteered myself for action after sinking three pints of the Sheaf's finest anaesthetic to combat the ill effects of driving to Ashford (Kent) and back on Monday to look at a van for a mate.

I am now feeling the full effect of that little 450 mile round trip as it would appear that myself and VW seats were not designed to exist happily together for any long period of time. This situation is probably not helped by the fact that my seat did 148k with a fat Lancastrian arse sat on it prior to me taking ownership of pROJECT mAYHEM so somewhere in between now and Font I need to find a replacement seat that I can live with for more than a few miles to bolt into place. Quite when that will be is open to debate as my next task is to get a couple of quotes for the clutch to be replaced and a service done. Fuck me it's expensive owning a van but at least with those tasks out of the way the clutch won't need doing for another 60k+ and the service is good for 20k. If that wasn't enough I worked out yesterday that I will have to get the cam belt done in the next 10k miles. I will enquire about the cost while getting the other work done but I suspect it is going to be a horror show of a job (read as bloody bastard expensive) and it will have to wait for another few miles as yet before the money becomes available.

Also getting the boys trip to Font under starters orders - Lord Sloper of Grindleford has decreed that he will be there from Monday to Friday so now it is time to start getting the ferry booked, get the Gite sorted and the rest of the stuff under way. Damn I am syked for this trip but first I need to get the stag do for my brother arranged as that is only six (or seven, if luck is with me) weeks away.

So much to do and so little time and I have just remembered that I have got to drive to Portsmouth and back on Monday - my bones are aching at the thought of it all...

No comments: