Thursday, December 24, 2009

More bass than you can shake a stick at...

For the last couple of days I have been wondering why the sound system in pROJECT mAYHEM has been producing such a huge amount of bass and today I figured it out. Somebody (who coincidentally might be the author of this blog) forgot to set the High Pass Filters on the main amp and so I have one 10" sub and two 6.5" speakers all pushing out sound below 80hz instead of just the 10" sub which is how it is meant to be running. I am a bit annoyed at myself for such a dumb mistake but at least I have finally figured the problem out as it was confusing me quite a lot to be honest. Still it provides a much needed excuse to stay out of the pub for a couple of hours over Christmas and while I am fixing that I can sort out the earth lead problem at the same time I suppose. In fact it's almost a win-win situation...

No comments: