Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sublime slime II

The weather cleared out this afternoon so decided to hit Pleasley with the Flipper. The overnight rain had left the crag a bit wet at the bottom with the odd hold seeping but the majority of the crag was climbable though any cloud cover resulted in a greasy collection of positive holds to try and hold on to. Still turned out to be a good session though - checked out the left hand side buttress which has a few good lines to go at, made a bit of progress on the big traverse and my footwork seemed to be on the ball. All good stuff and as an added bonus we managed to get back to the van about five minutes before the next bout of monsoon rain passed through.

I now feel like I have been run over by a small train and while I won't be going to work at 7PM tomorrow night with great joy etc. at least I will know that I cranked hard on my off days.

No comments: