Saturday, June 26, 2010

All quiet on the Western Front

Not the combo double bonus route at Almscliffe but in general.

Finally recovered from my brothers stag do midway through Monday and was hopeful that the van was going to be sorted so that I could go and beast myself at Rubicon. No such luck as they couldn't get the drive shaft for that day so it would have to wait till tomorrow for delivery.

Tuesday came and it brought with it the wrong part which didn't make me very happy. Up till this point I had been relatively sanguine about the fact that the drive shaft had already been removed days earlier to have the clutch replaced only to get bolted back on and then being subsequently warned that it was very close to fucked. Now I was just bloody annoyed - another day that I can't get out and go climbing and it was then I remembered the Heeley boulder. It may not be much but at least it can be climbed on and it will do when you can't get anywhere else - needs must and all that.

From a visit a long time ago I remembered the Heeley boulder as being a bit shit and while a return visit didn't exactly dispel those memories it didn't prove to be as bad as I expected. If you use a bit of imagination it can be quite useful actually as it's steep, the crimps are big enough to be of some value if you have not crimped for a while and the Sheaf is minutes away for a post training pint. It will do as a training for the greater ranges and all that.

No comments: