Friday, August 14, 2009

Other news...

I spent last night at Chee Dale trying to redpoint Subterfuge after it had been recommended to me by Duncan Disorderly. I am now sitting here aching badly and realising that I am weak, I have no stamina and I need to do more work on limestone to try and rectify this. To say that it was was somewhat of a shock to realise just how far off the game I am on steep stuff is to understate things slightly - OK I wasn't expecting to get it in the bag there and then but given I have onsighted 6a+ on slabs and vertical walls before now it was still a body blow to find oneself being crushed by the crag with such ease. Ideally I would have liked to have got the bottom section worked to the point of getting to the second bolt (pretty much the crux as far as I can tell) but my usual blindness to sequences (and subsequent refusal to try different sequences) cost me dear. The end result is it is I have got two moves worked and that is it!

I also need to work the river crossing some more as well I think.

1 comment:

Fiend said...

River crossing is the highlight of Chizzle Dizzle.