Monday, May 25, 2009

Caley

Had a great day being a punter at Caley on Saturday - didn't get up anything harder than a 5+ and got shutdown by the crag classic Mr Smooth due to a lack of commitment but a great day out regardless. Good crew and good banter - all you need really.

Considering that it was turning out to be the hottest day of the year so far conditions were pretty good in the woods but a quick trip to look at Chickenheads proved that anything that had been in the sun was not going down without a fight. For me it was more of a fight than I was prepared to put up taking into consideration I have got a flight booked to Italy for tomorrow morning.

Nice to go to a new crag though and as an added bonus it is only eight or ten miles from my mates house - I think that the autumn could be rather productive for the Yorkshire gritstone...

No comments: