Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sun, sun, sun!!

Things are looking up - in two weeks time I will be in Kalymnos for some climbing bolted limestone with the sun on my back followed by just laying about in the sun and finishing off with a beer - get in there!

Now in an ideal world I would get down the wall every other day and work on getting some finger strength built up at the very least but working nights is getting in the way at the minute. Still hopefully I can get another bouldering session or two in and that will have to do - in all honesty it is not the best preparation really but it will have to do and I am just going to have to get on some technical slabs inbetween steeper stuff. Eeek!

Ah well if all else fail it will be a nice training trip for the second trip - Sardinia!

Now this is one of the things I love about climbing - a mate drops you a mail and the next thing you know you have booked flights to go climbing somewhere. I must admit to being just as psyched (if not a little tiny bit more) for Sardinia. The island has limestone (nice) granite (awesome) and basalt to climb on - now the first two I have climbed on before and know what to expect re: movement over the rock and the like but what is basalt like to climb on?

I suspect that it's probably nowhere near as exciting as I currently imagine it to be but one of the plans for this year was to climb as many different rock types as possible and so the opportunity to add another one to the list has to be taken. It is also the chance to buy more guide books which is a good thing - they look impressive all stacked in the bog!

No comments: