Friday, February 4, 2011

Beasted

The original plan was to hit the 'works yesterday and have a session on the Beastraper but a rubbish night at work - i.e. one of those where I had to do something - knocked that on the head. Last night was better as I got to do bugger all and so today was the day to go and make a fool of ones self hanging off a piece of wood.

Got to the 'works and warmed up for a while and then it was time to hang - first set went OK but the slopers were particularly hard work as I tend to wobble like hell when on a finger board which I am guessing is a sign of a lack of core tension. Still I managed to almost do the set of six on whatever the sloper angle is on the 1000 series - 35 degrees possibly - but it was probably five or six seconds a hang as opposed to the prescribed seven and the three second gap between sets wasn't strictly stuck to in all honesty. For the second and third sets I opted for the easier slopers which went a lot better (who'd a thunk it) so there is still work to do in that area . At least the four finger and three finger hangs were OK and while I could really feel it in the forearms on the last set overall I was pleased to get through the session without too many problems. 

From here the next stage is to try and reduce the overall wobbliness factor when hanging and to improve on the slopers till I can do the sets on those with a bit more success - I am aiming for one set on these initially and build up from there. Also see how the three and four finger hangs progress and maybe drop one set onto the half digit holds but that is a few weeks away as yet I suspect - again build up from there. Lastly I will have to see if there is a stage up from what I am doing now (on the 1000 not the 2000) and start to work that in to the routine but again that's a few weeks away - you can't get strong when you are injured!

No comments: