Monday, July 6, 2009

pROJECT mAYHEM Update III

No success on finding someone who can get the ECU rebuilt - every potential lead turns into yet another wasted phone call.

No success on finding the donor parts to transplant to pROJECT mAYHEM.

Cost of a new ECU from VW - £914.22 plus a further £35 or thereabouts on getting it all synched up and as if that wasn't enough VW want to run their own diagnostics to check it all out before they order a replacement ECU as if the ECU is not at fault then it can't be returned.

I fucking hate this - there seems to be no respite, no let up, nothing. Here I am trying to live out my own small dream and it is turning into a nightmare of such massive proportions that I am questioning whether I actually have it in me to see it through to the end. The thing is deep in my heart I know that I have to see it through to the end, I can't walk away no matter how tempting it is because the stubborn streak that resides within me won't let me. I am at one with Sisyphus.

1 comment:

Fiend said...

Jeez dude that sucks a lot, you have my sympathy. Vehicles eh, so useful and so potentially frustrating.